Become a Tucson Original
Who are the Tucson Originals?
Founded in 1999, the Tucson Originals is Tucson’s premier group of independently-owned, fine dining, casual and neighborhood restaurants.
Our goals are to:
- Protect Tucson’s culinary sense of place
- Educate the dining public on the value and importance of independent restaurants in their community
- Learn how to gain the same kind of economic muscle the chains have used so effectively
WHY BECOME A TUCSON ORIGINAL?
Increased Buying Power
Increase your bottom line with special pricing on products and services from our preferred purveyors
Increased Public Awareness
Tucson Original members benefit from many public relations opportunities:
- Radio and television appearances
- Cooking demonstrations
- Holiday and seasonal press releases
- Participation in the Tucson Culinary Festival and other high profile events
- Share in the Tucson Originals email database
- Inclusion in the Tucson Originals brochure and map placed in over 30 local hotels and public places
As well as advertising opportunities:
- Automatic inclusion in group advertising i.e. bus benches, radio, television and print
- Special ad offers available only to members
- Special production pricing for members
Share information with fellow members:
- Employee job bank
- Equipment needs
- Current economic issues
- Community support issues
More “Butts in Seats”
Programs are generated to increase traffic to your restaurant
- Tucson Originals Gift Certificate quarterly online sales
- Tucson Originals Gift Card (exclusive for use at member restaurants)
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A MEMBER?
- Restaurants must be locally owned and operated
- Must be located in the Greater Tucson Area
- Corporate office must be located in the Greater Tucson Area
- May not be affiliated in any way with a national company
WHAT WILL IT COST YOU?
- No cash outlay
- Quarterly online gift certifcate sales support your annual membership dues at $650 retail value per sale. We estimate the actual cost to you is about $500 per year.
- One-time $250 additional gift certificate sold for set-up fees for the Tucson Original Gift Card program.
TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP:
Contact: Executive Director, Tucson Originals, 520-477-7950 or email@example.com